Thursday, November 15, 2007

What are you reading now?

Hello!

Today is Thursday, one week before Thanksgiving. I started thinking about books I could read over the holidays (since I am almost finished with my grad school work).

I like to read young adult books so that I can suggest titles to my students. Last spring, I started to read New Moon by Stephanie Meyer, but a friend told me the ending so I got angry and stopped reading.

I think I am over my Twilight Series anger now and want to finish the books, but can't seem to get into the whole story again...

So what are your suggestions of good books for me to read over the holidays?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should read uglies pretties and specials my mom says i they are really good shame on me i know i havent read them yet but i am going to read them after i finish the twilight series well what is out so far then those are the books i am going to read maybe you should read eclipse and then go back and read new moon because you will want to read new moon to see what you missed that is what i would do

Anonymous said...

I agree that you should re-read New Moon. I picked up on so much more the second time I read it. I will finish the Golden Compass series and I will read the next part of The Speed of Trust for the next Dinner Dialogues meeting. I know that's boring, but I have to do it. After that, I will read the stuff that I bought at the bookfair!

Mrs. Shawn Hinger said...

I decided to start in the middle of New Moon, Jenny and I talked about this, and now I am totally into it!

I'll be finished before the weekend is over and then I can read Eclipse over the break.

Jenny, can I borrow Uglies for Thanksgiving?

Anonymous said...


you should read th maximum ride series by James Patterson. In the series there are this group of genetically enhanced kids who are trying to get away from these evil scientists but they just don't seem to go away. If you are going to read it be sure you start it during the day because you just won't want to put it down and you'll get so tired but you won't want to put it down so you find yourself staying up all night. (personel expirience)Read the series because it's awsome.